Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to the North Creek Presbyterian Church MOPS Blog! A place to share words of encouragement, recipes ideas, book recommendations and more! Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to share on this blog, or any ideas you have! Just email mopsncpc@gmail.com.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tried and Good Recipes for Cold Weather

I love to cook and bake.  It seems that this type of weather makes me want to drink lattes and eat pumpkin bread all day.  I just want to cozy up under a blanket and sit with my hot beverage... ha, that does not happen very often with two tots running around and jumping on me!
What do you do so that you can cook dinner with a child/children hanging on your legs?  I would love your ideas and I will post to our blog!  I have been making use of television and play-dough.  That seems to help.  During the summer, I would put a bunch of cups and bubbly water in some buckets and put the girls outside to play.  Now that it is chilly, I am looking for ideas to keep tots occupied other than the famous television.  Any ideas to share?

Here are some recipes I have tried recently that were successful:
A yummy crowd pleaser for the holidays, Paula Deen's Carrot Souffle.  Only need to use half the butter and sugar.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/carrot-souffle-recipe/index.html

Nigella's Greek Lamb Stew, good for the family and leftovers for a few nights!  I served over mashed potatoes instead of pasta and it was yummy.  Feta a must! 
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/greek-lamb-stew-recipe/index.html

Betty Crocker's Biscuits, I use butter instead of shortening and add shredded cheese.
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/baking-powder-biscuits/e70c261e-066e-434d-8176-6721805a8031

No comments:

Post a Comment